Monday, March 4, 2013

My Share in the Conversation...Mr. Darcy's Secret

Mr. Darcy’s Secret by Jane Odiwe

This book was so eloquently written, that at times, I felt as though I was reading Jane Austen, herself. Jane Odiwe’s knowledge of the beautiful countryside and vernacular of England came shining through. It made me feel a part of everything as I read.

The story starts with Mr. and Mrs. Bennet discussing the happy event of their daughters’ wedding. The dialog is their typical banter and made me smile. The story then moves to Darcy and Lizzy as they are entering Lambton. The scenes that follow their ride into Lambton were both pleasing and delightful. The arrival at Pemberley is all that it should be and the love story continues. Then Elizabeth comes across some unexpected letters. She does remarkably well discounting them until the town gossip plants the seeds that make the letters resurface in Elizabeth’s mind. Of course, Caroline Bingley has her share in the conversation, which helps little at all.

The side story of Georgiana Darcy was excellent and one of which I would be very much interested in reading more about. It was touching and very well done. Caroline Bingley’s unexpected male interest was a nice twist, too.

A young boy that looks a lot like Darcy, Caroline’s innuendos, the letters, Mrs. Eaton and Wickham all contribute to doubts and fears of something kept hidden. Elizabeth puts on her brave front and eventually talks to Darcy. Everything is resolved exceedingly well and ‘the getting there’ is entertaining and made for an excellent read.  This book has the love and romance that most of us crave for our favorite hero and heroine without the explicit sex. Mr. Darcy’s Secret is a lovely book and one that I enjoyed reading immensely.  Thank you, Jane Odiwe.

5 out of 5 stars

This is my second selection for the P&P Bicentenary Challenge of 2013.

Other books I have read for the challenge and will be reviewing soon:
Darcy on the Hudson by Mary Lydon Simonsen
A Pemberley Medley by Abigail Reynolds

Watch for these reviews as well as one for the 1995 BBC miniseries of P&P which I cheerfully re-watched for this challenge!

4 comments:

  1. I have a different book by Jane Odiwe that was really good. The plot of this one sounds like I'd enjoy it too.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which book do you have? I also have CAPTAIN WENTWORTH'S RETURN but haven't read it yet. I love her style of writing so am looking forward to reading this one too.

      I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Janet for this fantastic review-I'm thrilled that you enjoyed my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome! Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete